Zikula Core - Application Framework
Zikula Core is a web based application framework, fully extensible by modules, plugins and themes.
Before installing Zikula it's important to ensure that the hosting server environment meets the requirements of the new core release. Zikula Core 1.4.0 has the following requirements:
- Zikula requires
AllowOverride Alland the
mod_rewritemodule (be aware the Apache 2.3.9+ has changed the default setting for
- Additional (advanced) server considerations can be found on the Symfony site
- Zikula requires more memory than typical to install. You should set your memory limit in
php.inito 128 MB for the installation process.
Zikula makes use of composer to manage and download all dependencies. Composer must
be run prior to installing a site using Zikula. Run
composer self-update && composer update.
If you store Composer in the root of the Zikula Core checkout, please rename it from
to avoid your IDE reading the package contents.
Once all of the pre-install steps are complete Run
http://yoursiteurl/install and follow any on-screen prompts.
Contributions can be made to Zikula in a number of ways
- By using our software
- Assisting other users at the user community site
- Creating themes for Zikula.
- Authoring additional modules for Zikula. Please see our developer documentation
- Contributing bug fixes and patches to the Core.
Pull requests are welcome, please see https://github.com/zikula/core/wiki/Contributing.
All pull requests must follow this template