Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
The 1.0 Release of Wasabi is finally here. This release intentionally does not contain any feature updates, only reliability and performance improvements. Most noticeably on OSX.
- Where is Wasabi's working directory located? Configuration, wallet and similar files can be found in
%appdata%\WalletWasabifolder on Windows and in
~/.walletwasabifolder on Linux/OSX.
- Can I use my own Tor instance, instead of Wasabi's built in one? If you already have Tor, and it is running, then Wasabi will try to use that first, if it is not running, then Wasabi will use its built-in Tor. If you are running a Tor daemon not on the default port, then you can configure it in Wasabi's Tools/Setting menu. If Wasabi is using your Tor daemon, then bear in mind that some Linux distributions' package repositories ship with out of date Tor. In that case, either remove or shut down that Tor of yours or make sure it's not out of date: Check Tor version:
tor --version. If it's not at least
0.3.2.2, then see this writeup on how to update it.
- Why are the binary sizes so big? Wasabi is using client side filtering and these filters must be synced before using the wallet. The size of these filters are currently about 90MB. These filters are included with the binaries to avoid initial wallet syncing.
- Requirements? x64, linux, >win7, >osx.10.12.
Installing Wasabi is straightforward. However, if you still couldn't manage it, please take a look at the Installation Instructions guide.
If you want to build Wasabi from source code or update the source code check out these instructions.
- Expose the Tor website to the clearnet: http://wasabiwallet.io
- Buy code signing certificate to avoid warnings at Windows installation. #688 a909b97
- Rework OSX rendering. This makes the UI responsive. 7ca4877 63c35bf c52441b 4d2bd0e 4d5afbb 8b304be #720 #736
- Create documentation: "A Technical Overview of Wasabi Wallet, Future Ideas, Plans and Strategy" https://github.com/zkSNACKs/Meta/
- Fix issues regarding fetching blocks from legacy (non-segwit nodes) e3298d6 9ce9395 MetacoSA/NBitcoin#568 #738
- Improve "Cannot close the application dialog" and explain closing it is not the end of the world #725 #730
- Monitor and restart Tor process when it crashes #747 eba37ba 2c5b8ca 393733c #749
- Clear mempool periodically #416 #743 bd28638
- Automagically select the best coins to mix #753 f5b190f
- Optimize estimated minimum mixed amount and auto dequeuing #757 abd9b81
- Fix website refresh issues #762 8163d63
- Try to tackle a once in a month random banning of everyone from coinjoin #716 d729b65
- Fix issues regarding Arch Linux #758 #766 5942111
- Resolve Linux (GTK) warning AvaloniaUI/Avalonia#2006
- Detect outdated Tor in known outdated Linux distros ce5e744
- Enable dequeue when Internet is down 24b1c70
- Fix bug: "wallet shutdown was slow if Internet went down" c38d4c7
- Handle HEAD requests a8b3806
- Update filters checkpoint c62a76d