git clone http://github.com/zolrath/dot_vimimal.gitin your home folder.
mv dot_vimimal .vim
rake vim:initto make the .vimrc symbolic link and install Vundle.
- Run Vim and type
:BundleInstallto install the plugins with Vundle.
- MacVim - I'm currently using terminal vim, but MacVim works too!
- gVim - For PC you can use Wu Yongwei's pre-compiled gVim 7.3.333 because it has Ruby support and the latest patches
Be sure to always edit the vimrc using
,v, which opens the vimrc in the .vim folder. Vim has a nasty habit of overriding symlinks.
Keybindings and Plugin Specific options are located in the plugin/settings directory.
- Fugitive Requires Git to be installed
- syntastic Requires many different binaries installed depending on what filetypes you want it to check
- ack.vim Requires ack to be installed. Currently disabled.
- ZoomWin - Zoom in/out of windows (toggle between one window and multi-window)
- ctrlp.vim - Fuzzy file, buffer, mru and tag finder
- vim-powerline - The ultimate vim statusline utility.
- gundo.vim - A git mirror of gundo.vim
- jellybeans.vim - A colorful, dark color scheme for Vim.
- vim-commentary - commentary.vim: comment stuff out
- vim-surround - surround.vim: quoting/parenthesizing made simple
- vim-fugitive - fugitive.vim: a Git wrapper so awesome, it should be illegal
- vim-unimpaired - unimpaired.vim: pairs of handy bracket mappings
- tabular - Vim script for text filtering and alignment
- syntastic - Syntax checking hacks for vim
- supertab - Perform all your vim insert mode completions with Tab
- IndexedSearch - shows 'Nth match out of M' at every search (index of match+total # matches)
- vim-ruby - Vim/Ruby Configuration Files
- vim-endwise - endwise.vim: wisely add "end" in ruby, endfunction/endif/more in vim script, etc
- vim-json - Pathogen friendly packaging of vim-json from Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1945
- vim-repeat - repeat.vim: enable repeating supported plugin maps with "."
- vim-markdown - Vim Markdown runtime files
- gist-vim - vimscript for gist
- matchit.zip - extended % matching for HTML, LaTeX, and many other languages
- vim-textobj-user - Vim plugin: Support for user-defined text objects
- vim-textobj-rubyblock - A custom text object for selecting ruby blocks.
- vim-indentobject - A text object for manipulating blocks based on their indentation