Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
- Visualize principal variation with option to disable
- Fix passed pawn evaluation bug
- Better search statistics out in terminal
- Slight performance improvement
This release improves search statistics and fixes some bugs.
- Improve search statistics output in terminal
- Support command-line piping
- Fix PGN output typo
- Fix nodes count being corrupted in rare cases
- Fix static exchange evaluation bug
This release fixes various position state bugs and crashing on some systems.
- Fix detection of check from castling. This caused corrupted board states when applying the null move heuristic which allowed the king to be captured.
- Fix preservation of fifty-move clock when applying null move heuristic.
- Fix black knight initial given as K.
- Fix instant crashing on some systems (such as Windows XP SP3).
- Revised terminal output to apply wraparound with indenting.
This release adds the hash size option to UCI mode, and updates the application icon with a new high resolution design.
- Improves piece rendering on some platforms
- Adds UCI option to change hash size
- New high resolution icon
- Minor move generation optimizations
- Terminal output no longer wraps around
- More robust game reset and undo move
- File size reduced in half
This release changes the command-line arguments for tournaments and test suite modes.
- Command-line arguments revised for tournaments and test suite modes. Enter "help" in command-line mode for more information
- General smoothness improvements
This initial release presents a fully functioning standalone/UCI chess engine.
- Runs with own GUI by default
- Runs in UCI/command-line mode with -u argument
- Accepts perft and divide commands in command-line mode
- Bitboard chess engine that automatically runs in 64-bit when possible
- Principle variation search
- Iterative deepening
- Transposition table
- Null move heuristic
- Killer move heuristic
- MVV/LVA heuristic
- Futility pruning
- Late move reductions
- Quiescence search with SEE
- Draw detection
- Mate distance pruning
- Time control heuristics
- Phase interpolation
- Piece-square tables
- Mobility evaluation
- Pawn structure evaluation
- Simple capture evaluation