Warning This project is experimental and not well supported.
Scribe is a framework for crowdsourcing the transcription of text-based documents, particularly documents that are not well suited for Optical Character Recognition. It is a collaboration between Zooniverse and The New York Public Library Labs with generous support from The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), Office of Digital Humanities.
For Project Creators
Are you an organization or individual interested in using Scribe for your next crowdsourced transcription project? Start here!
- What is Scribe and is it for me? Read our Scribe Primer
- Ready to set up your project? Head over to our Project Setup page
Would you like to contribute to the codebase? Check out these technical resources about the Scribe framework and make your first pull request!
- Terms and Keywords
- Setting up your environment on Mac OSX, Windows, or Unix
- Data Model & Tools Config
- Creating Custom Marking Tools
- Setting up OAuth & Deploying