Useful environment variables
The following environment variables influence how Zotonic starts up.
- Which IP address to bind the web server to. By default, it binds to
any IP address. When running Zotonic behind a proxy like nginx or
varnish, it is wise to put
- The port number to bind the web server to. Defaults to port 8000.
- The IP address to bind the SMTP server to. Binds to any IP address by default.
- The port number to bind the SMTP server to. Defaults to port 2525.
- The domain to bind the SMTP server to, if any.
- Where Zotonic puts temporary files, like temporary files for image resizing or URL downloading.
When the variables do not seem to have effect, check
~/.zotonic/zotonic.config. The above variables are
overridden by the ones in that file.