Join GitHub today
- Four player splitscreen
- Moved a lot of code from server and client to Game and CGame VMs;
- Allow games to modify
playerState_twithout changing the engine.
- Extended API for Game and CGame/UI, includes some of the features from;
- RTCW, WolfET, Tremulous, Turtle Arena, and World of Padman
- Merged UI VM into CGame VM, easier to modify as a whole / more flexible.
- Additional shader keywords.
Also see Features Overview.
Also see Features Overview.
- New Game -- Information about changing the engine game, data paths, etc.
- New Sounds -- Information about sounds new games might want to add.
Spearmint is not compatible with QVMs/DLLs for existing games. Many source code changes are required to port a game/mod to Spearmint.
Many games have the game code (aka mod code) released. However, most cannot be ported to Spearmint because of the incompatible code licenses. Elite Force, SoF2, FAKK, and Elite Force 2 are under restrictive EULAs. JK2/JA are (apparently?) GPLv2 only. No code for Alice or MoHAA has been released. Currently, if any of these games are going to be made to run on Spearmint, they must be rewritten starting from Q3 code.
Tremulous, World of Padman, Smokin' Guns, Q3Rally, OpenArena, RTCW, and Wolf: ET use compatible licenses (GPLv2+ or GPLv3+) and can be ported. The engine doesn't support all the needed features for all games yet though.
- Quake 3 and Team Arena (retail and demo versions). See mint-arena.
- Turtle Arena. See turtle-arena-code.
- OpenArena 0.8.8 (using Quake 3 code; without additional OpenArena gametypes and features). See mint-arena.
You're probably not going to have much fun playing it, but it sort of works.
- Elite Force. See mint-voyager.
Lightly modified Q3 code for testing map and shader compatibility.
- RTCW and ET maps are tested using mint-arena.
- SoF2, JK2, JA. See mint-helix.
- FAKK, Alice, EF2. See mint-metal.
Engine Feature Support
|Game||All Needed Features||Lacking Areas||Status|
|Quake III Arena||yes||none||Complete (inherited from ioquake3)|
|Quake III: Team Arena||yes||none||Complete (inherited from ioquake3)|
|OpenArena 0.8.8||yes||none||Complete (based on Debian ioq3 patches)|
|Tremulous||yes||game, ui||Missing system traps for getting news (ui) and sending game stats to master server (game)|
|World of Padman||yes||client||Missing Ogg Theora playback for intro video. Missing botlib aas debugging changes but that is now in the mod code. Added WoP VM API calls for getting VoIP info. Related issues
|Return to Castle Wolfenstien (SP)||no||renderer, cgame/ui, game, server, botlib||On hold until RTCW MP and ET support are done.|
|Return to Castle Wolfenstien (MP)||no||renderer, cgame/ui, game, server||Added most shader keywords, MDC and MDS model support, some new system calls|
|Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory||no||renderer, cgame/ui, game, server||Added ET shader keywords, foliage, MDX/MDM support, some new system calls|
|Smokin' Guns||no||need to fully review the code||Not started|
|Elite Force (MP)||no||renderer||Added new shader keywords and made it possible to register LIGHTMAP_NONE shaders in cgame. Missing rendering primitives #168.|
|Soldier of Fortune II (MP)||no||unsure||Added a few shader related things and partial BSP support (missing lightstyles). Full support is a low priority right now.|
|Jedi Outcast (MP)||no||unsure||Full support for JK2/JKA is a low priority right now. Added some shader keywords.|
|Jedi Academy (MP)||no||unsure||Same status as Jedi Outcast.|
|Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.2 (FAKK)||no||unsure||Added a few shader related things and partial BSP support. Low priority.|
|American McGee's Alice||no||unsure||Added a few shader related things. (Same BSP format as FAKK.) Low priority.|
|Star Trek: Elite Force 2 (EF2)||no||unsure||Added a few shader related things and partial BSP support. Low priority.|
|Medal of Honor: Allied Assault||no||unsure||Added partial BSP format support. Low priority.|