DIY RGB MIDI grid controller
midi-grid is an open source MIDI controller, main part of which is 8x8 LED iluminated button grid.
Main features of the device:
- 8x8 RGB LED illuminated button matrix
- 17 additional MIDI control buttons, most of them paired with RGB LED indicator
- 1 internal menu button
- 2 rotary encoders, acting as MIDI controls
- Monochrome LCD display with adjustable backlight
- Physical MIDI input and output ports
Currently device is developed to work with Ableton Live, specifically with modified Launchpad95 MIDI remote script - Launchpad95g. Additional functionality, like stand-alone modes, or compatibility with other DAWs may be implemented later.
More thorough information, regarding design and implementation, is available in wiki of this project.