This is a successor to BigMap script: a tool to stitch map tiles and produce a PNG image. Among improvements are:
- Better landing page with Leaflet and URL parsing.
- More than fifteen popular tile layers to choose from.
- KML, WLD and OziExplorer MAP meta files generation.
- Map downloading script can be produced in Python language.
- Fixed user agent and small pauses while downloading.
- Attribution on generated images.
- Server-side stitching with a queue.
The following directory structure is recommended:
||Place scripts from
||Working directory that should be outside wwwroot.|
||Task files will be put here by PHP scripts.|
||A queue file that will be modified by PHP scripts.|
||WWWRoot. Place PHP scripts here and point HTTP server to it.|
||A directory for generated image files.|
Then modify paths to be absolute in
purge_images.pl scripts, so they can be
called by cron. Also change server address in
bigmap_download.pl and size limit in
And add those two lines in
crontab -e editor (your intervals may vary):
*/2 * * * * /var/www/.../bigmap_download.pl 2 */6 * * * /var/www/.../purge_images.pl
Of all PHP scripts only
queue.php needs configuring: you should change e-mail in there, and may want to alter limits.
Tile limit is specified in
$max_tiles variable in
tiles.txt you would want to update Leaflet layers in
index.html. To do this, just check paths
scripts/tiles2html.pl and run it.
All scripts were written by Ilya Zverev, partly based on public domain code by Frederik Ramm. Published under WTFPL license.