This repository contains a Zynthian Box Emulator that eases development and testing. It allows to run the Zynthian User Interface and Synth Engines in a Desktop or Laptop Computer.
- Python3 AlsaSeq library
- Python3 JACK-Client library
- [ZynAddSubFX] (https://github.com/fundamental/zynaddsubfx) (last version is recommended: 5.3)
- [FluidSynth] (http://www.fluidsynth.org/)
- [LinuxSampler 1.0] (https://www.linuxsampler.org/)
- [setBfree] (https://github.com/pantherb/setBfree)
- [Carla] (https://github.com/falkTX/Carla)
Some plugins to enjoy with Carla:
- [Dexed] (https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed)
- [DISTRHO Plugins-Ports] (https://github.com/DISTRHO/DISTRHO-Ports)
Perhaps you have to adjust the binary paths in the engine classes (zynthian-ui/zyngine/...)
Also, take a look to the [Raspbian Jessie setup script] (https://github.com/zynthian/zynthian-sys/blob/master/scripts/setup_system_jessie.sh). It can help you to setup your own system.
mkdir zynthian cd zynthian git clone https://github.com/zynthian/zyncoder.git git clone https://github.com/zynthian/zynthian-ui.git git clone https://github.com/zynthian/zynthian-data.git git clone https://github.com/zynthian/zynthian-emuface.git echo 'PROTOTYPE-EMU' > zynthian_hw_version.txt
You have to put your samples in "zynthian-data/soundfonts", organized by type, in three subdirectories:
cd zynthian-data/soundfonts mkdir gig mkdir sfz mkdir sf2
Also, you have to create a symlink to your ZynAddSubFX bank directory:
cd zynthian-data ln -s your/zasfx/bankdir/path zynbanks
cd zynthian-emuface ./zynthian_emuface.py
You can set the environment variable "ZYNTHIANX":
And zynthian UI will open the native GUI for every engine.
Read [this blog entry] (http://blog.zynthian.org/index.php/2016/02/27/zynthian-emulator) about the Zynthian Emulator.
You can learn more about the Zynthian Project reading [the blog] (http://blog.zynthian.org) or visiting [the website] (http://zynthian.org). Also, you can join the conversation in [the forum] (https://discourse.zynthian.org).