Zynthian User Interface
Zynthian is an Open Synth Platform based in Raspberry Pi, Linux (Raspbian) and some Open Software Synthesizers.
Zynthian is a multi-engine platform and at the present time can run the next Synth Engines:
- ZynAddSubFX (Advanced Synthesizer)
- FluidSynth (Sampler engine)
- setBfree (Hammond B3 emulation)
- Linuxsampler (Advanced Sampler engine)
- MOD-HOST + MOD-UI (Plugin Host & Web GUI by ModDevices)
- And more ...
The Zynthian Distribution includes a good amount of sound libraries and presets, but can be extended by the user.
- Raspberry Pi 2/3
- HifiBerry DAC+ or other soundcard compatible with RBPi
- PiTFT touchscreen or other screen compatible with RBPi
- 4 rotary encoders + switches (Zynthian controller modules)
- GPIO expander (MCP23008) => you need it because the RBPi GPIOs are not enough
- MIDI-IN using RBPi UART (optional)
This repository contains the specific software used by a Zynthian Box. It includes the "User Interface software" and some "setup scripts".
A standard Zynthian Box get updated from this repository by default, but can be configured to get updated from other repositories.