Building Applications with Apache Cassandra
This tutorial consists of 5 topics:
- Introduction and API Usage
- storage model
- tokens, partitioners, and the ring
- webapp example
- map/reduce example
It was prepared for a four hour workshop at the O'Reilly Strata Conference on Feb. 28th, 2012.
The following software is required for users of this tutorial:
- JDK 1.6 or greater
- Apache Maven 3.0.4 or greater
- Apache Cassandra 1.0.7 or greater (Use the DataStax Community distribution located here: http://www.datastax.com/download/community/versions)
- An IDE (Eclipse or ItelliJ) is helpful, but not necessary
This is mostly just a placeholder for now, but new code should be going up regularly. Some of these tutorials will be take from https://github.com/zznate/cassandra-tutorial and https://github.com/zznate/hector-examples so feel free to look at either of those in the meantime.