AMWA IS-04 NMOS Discovery and Registration Specification
What does it do?
- Allows control and monitoring applications to find the resources on a network
- Resources include Nodes, Devices, Senders, Receivers, Sources, Flows...
Why does it matter?
- Enables automation and reduces manual overhead in setting up networked sytems
- Essential for dynamic deployment
How does it work?
- Media Nodes locate IS-04 registry using DNS-SD (unicast preferred)
- Media Nodes register their resource information with HTTP + JSON
- Applications query with HTTP and/or subscribe with WebSockets
There is more information about the NMOS Specifications and their GitHub repos at https://specs.amwa.tv/nmos.