AMWA IS-07 NMOS Event & Tally Specification
What does it do?
- Provides an IP-friendly mechanism to carry time-sensitive information
- For example: camera tally information, audio levels, control panel button presses and status
Why does it matter?
- ST 2110 does not provide an equivalent to GPI functionality
- This leads to the danger of multiple proprietary approaches
- Consistency with other NMOS specifications
How does it work?
- Media Nodes emit and consume state and state change info
- Lightweight messages sent using WebSockets or MQTT
- Message flows connected using IS-05
There is more information about the NMOS Specifications and their GitHub repos at https://specs.amwa.tv/nmos.