AMWA IS-06 NMOS Network Control Specification
IS-06 is an AMWA NMOS Specification for API control of a managed network.
What does it do?
- Lets broadcast control applications manage what happens on the network itself
Why does it matter?
- Ethernet switch output ports might only support a limited number of media flows before they start dropping packets
- This is different to what happens in a typical SDI router
- And it means corrupted video and audio
How does it work?
- Provides a “Northbound” API from network fabric’s controller
- Includes topology discovery, flow authorization and assurances of flow bandwidth
There is more information about the NMOS Specifications and their GitHub repos at https://specs.amwa.tv/nmos.