A Threat hunter's playbook to aid the development of techniques and hypothesis for hunting campaigns by leveraging Sysmon and Windows Events logs. This project will provide specific chains of events exclusively at the host level so that you can take them and develop logic to deploy queries or alerts in your preferred tool or format such as Splunk, ELK, Sigma, GrayLog etc. This repo will follow the structure of the MITRE ATT&CK framework which categorizes post-compromise adversary behavior in tactical groups. In addition, it will provide information about hunting tools/platforms developed by the infosec community for testing and enterprise-wide hunting.
- Expedite the development of techniques an hypothesis for hunting campaigns.
- Help Threat Hunters understand patterns of behavior observerd during post-exploitation.
- Reduce the number of false positives while hunting by providing more context around suspicious events.
- Provide enough resources to help on the development of a basic hunting framework for the community.
- Share technical hunt concepts and techniques with others in the community.
- MITRE ATT&CK
- MITRE CAR
- Sqrrl Hunting Techniques
- Sqrrl Guide to Threat Hunting
- Sysmon DFIR
- CyberWardog Labs Blog
- MalwareSoup Blog
- Threat Hunting Academy
- DFIR and Threat Hunting
- Roberto Rodriguez @Cyb3rWard0g
Can't wait to see other hunters' pull requests with awesome ideas to detect advanced patterns of behavior. The more chains of events you contribute the better this playbook will be for the community.
- Submit Pull requests following the TEMPLATE format.
- Highly recommend to test your chains of events or provide references to back it up before submitting a pull request (Article, whitepaper, hunter notes, etc).
- Hunter notes are very useful and can help explaining why you would hunt for specific chains of events.
- Feel free to submit pull requests to enhance hunting techniques. #SharingIsCaring
- Add hunting tools from the community
- Create a hunting techniques document
- Improve Lateral Movement table format to show source and destination logs
- Add PowerShell as an option for the table column "source"
- Share HeatMap template for metrics purposes
- Hunting in Linux & MAC