Welcome to GottWall's documentation!
GottWall is a scalable realtime metrics collecting and aggregation platform and service. This package, at its core, is just a simple aggregation server and beautiful customizable web dashboard for visualizing metrics with charts.
It will handle authenticating clients (such as stati) and all of the logic behind storage and aggregation.
- Beautiful customizable dashboard for visualizing metrics with charts.
- Data aggregation
- Data collection
Custom graph type and title
Simple chart charing
To use gottwall use pip or easy_install:
pip install gottwall
or you can use official gottwall chef cookbook for automatic setup on system.
GottWall have 2 independent parts. Web interface application and aggregator application (application that process data).
Starting web dashboard
To run web application execute command:
gottwall --config="examples/config.py" server start
To run aggregator application execute command:
gottwall --config="examples/config.py" aggregator start
Storages that store metrics:
- Memory storage (not optimal for hightload projects)
- Redis storage (fast for counters increment, but time complexity O(N) for data range select)
- TODO: mongodb
- TODO: SQL
Available transport backends
The following transport available:
- Redis transport backend
- TCP/IP transport backend
- TODO: UDP transport backend
- HTTP transport backend
The following clients are officially recognized as production-ready, and support the current GottWall protocol:
- stati-redis (stati-redis-python) with redis transport.
We need you help.
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a feature idea or a bug. There is a Contributor Friendly tag for issues that should be ideal for people who are not very familiar with the codebase yet.
- Fork the repository on Github to start making your changes to the develop branch (or branch off of it).
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed or that the feature works as expected.
- Send a pull request and bug the maintainer until it gets merged and published.