Mafia 2: Toolkit
This toolkit is a group of programs a plugin for 3DS max and the library, which allows modders to build their own programs.
- GameExplorer; a new quick way to modify Mafia II.
- Open, edit and save 'FrameResource_X' files.
- Open, edit and save 'FrameNameTable_X' data.
- Open, edit and save 'defaultXX.mtl'. (Material Libraries)
- WIP program to open 'Collision_X.bin' data.
- WIP parsing of 'Actor_X.bin' files.
- WIP model exporting and re-importing into the game.
- WIP 'ItemDesc_X' parser, editor and saving.
- WIP 'Navigation' data parsing.
- WIP 'PREFAB' data parsing.
- WIP 'SoundSector' data parsing.
- WIP 3DS plugin to hopefully help modding the 3D data of Mafia.
- WIP XML Parsing and saving.
- WIP SDS unpacker and packer.
- WIP Tables editor.
- Both BufferPools can be open, edited and saved.
Only Windows is supported. Use Visual Studio 2017 to build the GitHub solution.
You can check the current issues here.
To keep upto date on the progress of this toolkit, I recommend joining this discord by using the link here