Displays Keystrokes in an overlay window. (Windows 8)
Ctrl + Shift + Alt to reveal configuration options, resize, move or close the window.
Demo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud3tqB8TMVc
This is Open Source. If you miss a feature, go for it and send a Pull-Request afterwards!
- Displays special keys (volume up:
🔊 ⏫) and shortcuts
- Click Through
- Customizable: Colors, Font, Size and Position, Text Position and Orientation
- Displays history of pressed keys
- Icon in notification area
- One small file, no installation required
- Visually indicate mouse cursor position
- Visually indicate pressed buttons
Download PxKeystrokesUi.exe 0.3.1 (most recent, 2016-01-31, Win10 tested)
This security alert will appear. Click the
More Info link, and then
This dialog is ugly. To fix this, i need a validated security certificate. Certum offers a low priced 1 year certificate for open source projects for € 17.22 per annum. If someone funds at least three years of certification (€ 51.66), i will use that money to buy a new certificate each year. Then I will also implement a secure autoupdater. Get in contact with me. For transparency: Currently total raised money: € 0.
You can find the exe in the
- v0.0.1 (Text positioning not implemented yet)
- v0.1.1 (Looks fine)
- v0.1.2 (More Whitespace between special chars)
- v0.1.3 (fix bug with Win+? shortcuts)
- v0.2.0 (indicator for cursor position, history timeout, bugfixes, documentation)
- v0.3.0 (indicator for pressed buttons, deadkey fixes, backspace functionality)
- v0.3.1 (new icons, little fixes and internal improvements)
Windows 8 or 10
Windows 7 requires you to change the default font, otherwise you will see little squares instead of symbols.
- Make some things a little bit more beautiful
- Documentation, Refactoring, Testing
- Centering of Text if many arrow keys (or other special keys) have been pressed
- Will not work in Front of Win 8 Apps
Apache Version 2, refer to the file LICENSE for details