CCControlExtension is an open-source library that provides many convenient control objects for Cocos2D v2.x for iPhone and Mac, such as buttons, sliders and many more... (see the exhaustive list)
All these controls are subclasses of CCControl, which is inspired by the UIControl API from the UIKit of CocoaTouch. The main goal of CCControl is to simplify the creation of control objects in Cocos2D by providing an interface and a base implementation ala UIKit. I.e that this class manages the target-action pair registration and dispatches them to their targets when events occur. The CCControl extension also uses the power of blocks to dispatch the events in addition to the target/action pair.
Note: The CCControlExtension's classes are ARC compatible (e.g for use with Kobold2D)
Note2: The version for Cocos2D v1.1 is available in the master branch
Note3: Cocos2d v3 now provides native controls
Available Control List
- Button: Intercepts touch events and sends an action message to a target object when tapped.
- Colour Picker: It's a very useful control tool to preview and test color values.
- Picker: Use a spinning-wheel or slot-machine metaphor to show one set of values.
- Potentiometer: Use a circular representation to show and select a single value from a continuous range of values.
- Slider: Use a linear representation to show and select a single value from a continuous range of values.
- Stepper: User interface for incrementing or decrementing a value.
- Switch: Useful to create and manage On/Off buttons.
How to use it
- Include the CCControlExtension folder into your project
Where necessary, include this header:
CCControlExtension.h already includes all the controls.
There are various examples to learn how the controls work and how to use a pre-made visual for each of them.
Getting started with the source
The example project already includes a version of Cocos2D, so you just need to download the source like the following:
git clone email@example.com:YannickL/CCControlExtension.git # to get latest stable source from master branch, use this command: cd CCControlExtension git checkout master-v2 # to update the sources git pull
Build & Runtime Requirements
- Xcode 4.2 or newer (LLVM 3.0 or newer)
- iOS 4.0 or newer for iOS games
- Mac OS X 10.6 or newer for Mac games
As well as Cocos2D for iPhone, CCControlExtension is licensed under the MIT License:
Copyright (c) 2011-present - Yannick Loriot and contributors (see each file to see the different copyright owners)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
You can download cocos2d-for-iphone here: https://github.com/cocos2d/cocos2d-iphone