Aileen, a hardware/software suite designed for NGOs, counts signals from devices with a wireless interface enabled (such as smartphones) to deliver population data in an organized and actionable format.
- ALFA AWUS036NH HIGH POWER WIFI USB-ADAPTER
- Computer running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- Make a virtual environment:
- Activate it, e.g:
- Install the
python setup.py develop
- If you want to collaborate on code, please install pre-commit for it to hook into commits:
Database for development
- We use black for code formatting.
- We use isort for package importing.
To run the aileen box you'll need to have the following in an
Aileen will tell you about the wifi interfaces it sees if you don't know what to put for the first setting.
First migrations and superuser
Initialize the database
python manage.py makemigrations
python manage.py migrate
Create a super user
python manage.py createsuperuser
Check if everything was installed correctly with either:
python manage.py runserver
python manage.py run_box
Data to map on server
Go to the
/admin url and add a location for the aileen box
Deploy server app
When creating an app on a server be sure to tell the server to collect the static files with the following
python manage.py collectstatic