I have all but abandoned working on this extension, in favour of my newer extension GSConnect which is a complete implementation of the KDE Connect protocol that doesn't rely on the KDE Connect server or MConnect server. This is for the following reasons:
- This was originally intended to be a MConnect-only extension, however the developer is busy with other projects and it remains largely incomplete.
- Interacting with the KDE Connect server over DBus is very restrictive and makes many features hacky and other impossible to implement or fix.
- Trying to support two different backends (properly) requires almost as much work as writing one.
- I grew tired of having ~500MB of KDE dependencies installed for a tiny program
I use GSConnect full-time without problems, however it only officially supports Gnome Shell 3.24+ and has not been reviewed on the extension website yet. Thanks for your understanding and support in developing this extension, and hopefully the next.
This extension integrates KDE Connect and/or MConnect into Gnome Shell.
MConnect is a work-in-progress implementation of that protocol in Vala/C, with no KDE dependencies.
For those not using Gnome Shell, consider indicator-kdeconnect which is very stable, actively developed, supports all the same features, more file managers and should work on any desktop with Gtk.
Send SMS messages
Find devices by causing them to ring until found
Mount and browse folders on your devices
- Auto-Mount (Preference)
Send files to devices
- Nautilus Integration (Optional)
Monitor battery level and charging state
Supports multiple backends
Credits and Acknowledgements
@hugosenari for his Python shim for libgee, making support for Folks possible and who graciously donated his time helping to make it work.
And to anyone who has submitted a Pull Request or translation, opened an issue, helped to debug, offered their opinion or expertise - thank you for visiting my little stand at the bazaar.