npm install -g bower grunt-cli webpack webpack-dev-server
npm install && bower install
Run the dev server:
Browse to http://localhost:7000/.
Running Unit Tests
Do not run unit tests directly with Karma; the grunt tasks are required to set the timezone correctly for PhantomJS.
- Ensure all pull requests intended for next version have been merged to
- Determine semantic version number (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH)
- Create release branch (as MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH) from
- Open pull request from release branch to
- Bump version in
package.jsonon release branch
- Update Changelog on release branch
- Approve and merge, but keep release branch
- Create release
- Delete release branch
Guidelines For Making New Components
Use the rb-component Yeoman generator when starting a new component.
Keep the structure and design pattern of new components consistent with those that have come before.
Angular Directive Guidelines
- Use attributes to pass modifiers and single line contents (titles, labels etc.) into an isolated scope.
For an example, look at the header attribute in
- Use transclusion where the main content of a directive needs to be flexible enough to handle an unknown structure.
For an example, see the transclusion in
- Follow a wrapper & item pattern for components that need multiple transclusion. For an example see the
- Split large functions (like link functions) into separate Webpack modules to keep things simple. For an example see
- Provide a component demo that shows all combinations of different modifiers and settings.