Stacks.js for the Stacks CLI.This repo is no longer maintained. This is the legacy version of the Blockstack CLI that supports Stacks blockchain 1.0 transactions only. See
This tool is meant for developers only -- it is meant to be used for testing and debugging Blockstack apps in ways that the Browser does not yet support. It is not safe to use this tool for day-to-day tasks, since many commands operate on unencrypted private keys. Everyone is encouraged to use the Blockstack Browser whenever possible.
- Node.js v8 or higher (v10 recommended).
nvmis recommended for MacOS & Linux users to avoid
sudoor permissions problems.
Install the CLI
$ npm install -g https://github.com/blockstack/cli-blockstack
This should install
blockstack-cli to your
If running into
EACCES permissions errors:
- See https://docs.npmjs.com/resolving-eacces-permissions-errors-when-installing-packages-globally.
Node Version Manager.
How to Use
The CLI has a built-in help system. Just run
blockstack-cli to access it.
You can list all command documentation with
blockstack-cli help all.
$ blockstack-cli gaia_listfiles --gaia_hub "https://hub.blockstack.org" --app_private_key 3fb610986b2f80af87508ed3b699c4146cb4589264e521402fae6c4f969ab09e /documents/1564791377194.json /documents/1564791386260.json /documents/1564791394787.json documentscollection.json key.json 5
How to Contribute
This tool is targeted towards Blockstack developers. Patches to fix bugs are welcome!
The following featuers are considered in-scope for this tool:
- Generating and broadcasting all supported types of Blockstack transactions
- Loading, storing, and listing data in Gaia hubs
- Generating owner, payment and application keys from a seed phrase
- Querying Blockstack Core nodes
- Implementing a minimum viable authentication flow
Everything else is out of scope. Specifically, the following will not be added to this tool:
- Anything that requires persistent disk state -- this includes software wallets, configuration files, and so on
- Anything that involves administrating other Blockstack services
- Features specific to a particular Blockstack app
- Any sort of plugin or extension system
How to Reach Other Blockstack Devs
The best place to discuss CLI and app development is on the Blockstack Forum.