We, the Buildbot community, are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, or similar personal characteristic.
- On IRC, please avoid using overtly sexual nicknames or other nicknames that might detract from a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
- Please be kind and courteous There's no need to be mean or rude.
- Respect that people have differences of opinion and that every design or implementation choice carries a trade-off and numerous costs. There is seldom a right answer.
- Please keep unstructured critique to a minimum. If you have solid ideas you want to experiment with, make a fork and see how it works.
- We will exclude you from interaction if you insult, demean or harass anyone (see "Moderation" below). That is not welcome behaviour. We interpret the term "harassment" as including the definition in the Citizen Code of Conduct; if you have any lack of clarity about what might be included in that concept, please read their definition. In particular, we don't tolerate behavior that excludes people in socially marginalized groups.
- Private harassment is also unacceptable. No matter who you are, if you feel you have been or are being harassed or made uncomfortable by a community member, please contact one of the channel ops or any of the Botherders immediately. Whether you're a regular contributor or a newcomer, we care about making this community a safe place for you and we've got your back.
- Likewise any spamming, trolling, flaming, baiting or other attention-stealing behaviour is not welcome.
(Text initially borrowed from https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/wiki/Note-development-policy#conduct)
In all Buildbot communication channels, remarks or conduct which violate the guidelines above, or which the channel moderators feel are inappropriate, are not allowed.
Moderators will first respond to inappropriate conduct with a warning. If the warning is unheeded, the user will be removed from the communication channel temporarily. If the behavior continues, the user will be banned permanently from all communication channels.
If you feel that a moderator's response was inappropriate, please take the issue up privately with the moderator, or with email@example.com.
- The moderators are the Botherders and others with operator access.
- Warnings are made in-channel.
- Temporary removal is by "kick", and permanent removal is by "ban".
- The moderators are the mailing list administrators.
- Warnings are made in posts to the mailing list.
- Temporary removal is by enabling "moderation" for the user, and disallowing further inappropriate posts.
- Permanent removal is by removing the offending user from the list and prohibiting subsequent sign-ups.
- The moderators are those with
- Warnings are made in the bug or wiki post where the inappropriate behavior occurred.
- Temporary removal is performed via the
SPAMpermission, which prohibits all posting. This is reverted manually after an appropriate time has passed.
- Permanent removal is similar, but not reverted.
- The moderators are those with
- The moderators are the project administrators.
- Warnings are made in comments on the issue, pull request, commit, etc. where the inappropriate behavior occurred.
- Temporary and permanent removal are delegated to the Github staff.