Lots of people have been asking stuff...
- Wasted +1yr on first app
- First few failed
- Since then churn out simple ones
- Been focused a few months maybe?
- 7 or 8 apps now
- Money's kinda useful
- Average $70/day
- Soon to be $100 with voda app
- Thats 36k...
- I want a boat
- Obj-C is nice
- Think of it like a VERY simple layer of OO on top of C
- Much simpler than C++
- Like JS with C syntax
- I spend a few hours a week on it
- Motivated by family/house
- Dont be scared to give it a go
- I have my email in most apps
- Get maybe one a day?
- Everyone is friendly
- I gave one refund
- Most apps fail
- < $5 / week = fail
- So: Make lots of small apps
- Build on what works eg usage
- Remember rovio made 51 apps before angry birds.
- Start with crummy ideas. Thats better than nothing.
- If it's 'obvious' to you, then its probably useful to someone.
- Execution > ideas anyway.
- Tried free for a week - fail (800 -> 0)
- I have websites for my apps - nothing
- Tried $2 - nothing, except usage apps
- Now I just plonk them on at $1 or $2 and leave it
- Haven't tried adwords
- Reviews take 2 weeks
- Apple takes 30%
- GST is 10%
- Marginal tax will take 37% of what remains
- Put it in the wife's name!
- Ads in apps make nothing
- Pair up, make two apps, one in each name to make revenue split simple
- Android - never touched. Get in the ground floor on tablets?
- Scratch your own itch - make a very simple app