- First release off Github
- updated WindowsShell.cs so that RunCommandInGuest does not swallow exceptions in the finally block
- #10296: using Sandcastle and JDK from Tools directory
- #10297: updated copyright dates
- #8352: Refactored GuestProcesses to return a ProcessCollection class that inherits from the Dictionary. Added a FindProcess method to ProcessCollection. Added a WaitForVMWareUserProcessInGuest function that waits for the vmware user process to exist. Added WaitForVMwareUserProcess msbuild task. Added WaitForVMwareUserProcess methods to IVMWareVirtualMachine COM interface. Added snapshot support and GetConfiguration method to VMWareTest in VMWareLibUnitTests.
- #1627 and #8267: The host, username, and password parameters are now required when connecting to a vmware esx\esxi\vi server and an ArgumentException is thrown if they are invalid.
- #8622: Catching and throwing new Exception in VMWareLib to include more relevant details on the exception.
- #8357: Added ability to pass options and a timeout to the Vestris.VMWareLib.Tools.Windows.Shell.RunCommandInGuest method.
- #9691: Added generated xml documentation files to the zip download.
- #251057: Added missing VMWareComTools.dll.
- Added the specified number of milliseconds to a thrown TimeoutException.
- Added support for VixCOM 1.8.1, 1.9 and 1.10. VMWareTasks works against all 1.6.2, 1.7.0, 1.8.0, 1.8.1, 1.9 and 1.10 versions.
- Added Vestris.VMWareLib.MSBuildTasks.dll that adds support for MSBuild with MSBuild tasks that implement most common functions.
- Added Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareRootSnapshotCollection.RemoveSnapshot that accepts a configurable timeout.
- Added documentation on contributing to VMWareTasks, including how to setup a development environment.
- Added Vestris.VMWareLib.VMWareVirtualMachine.RunProgramInGuest that accepts a timeout, but no options.
- The VMWareVirtualMachine.OpenUrlInGuest API has been marked obsolete. It will be removed in a future release.
- 5138: Tools.Windows.Shell.GetEnvironmentVariables fails with a "File not found" error on some x64 systems where %tmp% resolves to a non-existent path.
- 214878: Library throws RPC_E_WRONG_THREAD in apartment-threaded scenarios.
- Added support for VixCOM 1.8.0. VMWareTasks works and tested against all 1.6.2, 1.7.0, 1.8.0 versions.
- Added support for VMWare Player. Requires VixCOM 1.8.0.
- VMWareSnapshotCollection, VMWareRootSnapshotCollection and VMWareSnapshot are now IDisposable.
- VMWareSharedFolderCollection is now IDisposable.
- VMWareRootSnapshotCollection.CreateSnapshot now returns a VMWareSnapshot that needs to be disposed of.
- VMWareVirtualMachine.Snapshots.CreateSnapshot AVs against ESX4.
- Added support for VixCOM 1.7.0. VMWareTasks works against both 1.6.2 and 1.7.0.
- Added a VMWareComLib and VMWareComTools that expose a full scriptable COM interface.
- Added a vestris-vmwarecomlib.jar and vestris-vmwarecomtools.jar that exposes a Com4J JNI wrapper for VMWareComLib and VMWareComTools to Java clients.
- All VMWareLib.Tools objects are now IDisposable and explicitly release reference to the virtual machine.
- All assemblies are strongly named and signed.
- The source in the release package can now be built without any changes.
- VMWareRootSnapshotCollection.CreateSnapshot doesn't pass flags to the COM API.
- VMWareVirtualHost.ConnectToVMWareServer takes an additional username and password. Pass blank values to connect to a local VMWare Server 1.x.
Completed VixCOM API full support.
- 1626: VMWareVirtualHost.Register and Unregister.
- 1631: VMWareVirtualMachine.InstallTools.
- 1629: VMWareVirtualMachine.Snapshots.Enabled.
- 1630: VMWareVirtualMachine.GetFileInfoInGuest.
- 2688: VMWareVirtualMachine.Clone and VMWareSnapshot.Clone.
- 2691: VMWareVirtualMachine.Delete.
- 1628: VMWareVirtualMachine.BeginRecording and EndRecording, VMWareSnapshot.BeginReplay and EndReplay.
- 1633: VMWareVirtualMachine.Reset, Suspend, Pause, UnPause, IsPaused and IsSuspended.
- 1913: VMWareVirtualHost.IsConnected.
- 1634: VMWareVirtualMachine.RunScriptInGuest.
- 1632: VMWareVirtualMachine.OpenUrlInGuest.
Added an optional VMWareTools package built on top of VMWareLib that implements additional common VMWare tasks.
- VMWareLib.Tools.GuestOS.IpAddress: guest operating system IP address information.
- VMWareLib.Tools.GuestOS.ReadFile, ReadFileLines and ReadFileBytes: read remote files as binary data or text with encoding support.
- 2232: VMWareLib.Tools.Windows.Shell.GetEnvironmentVariables: obtain logged-in user environment.
- VMWareLib.Tools.Windows.Shell.RunCommandInGuest: runs commands and collect console output.
- VMWareLib.Tools.Windows.MappedNetworkDrive: maps guest operating system network resources.
- VMWareVirtaulMachine.PowerOn no longer calls WaitForRenamed VMWareVirtualMachine.Login into LoginInGuest and renamed VMWareVirtualMachine.Logout to LogoutFromGuest to be consistent with VIX COM API and allow power-on without tools installed.
- Added VMWareVirtualMachine.ShutdownGuest and PowerOff that allow specifying shutdown parameters explicitly.
- Added support for VMWare Server with VMWareVirtualMachine.ConnectToVMWareServer.
- Exposed a VMWareVirtualMachine.LoginInGuest function with power options.
- Lots of new documentation with examples.
- GetNamedSnapshot behaves differently on Workstation and VI, now throws exception when snapshot not found. Use FindSnapshotByName to get a null result when the snapshot doesn't exist.
- KillProcessInGuest unit test needs to wait for process to actually die according to VMWare docs.
- Removing a shared folder doesn't remove it from the collection when not the same object.
- Fixed different behavior of ListDirectoryInGuest between Workstation and VI.
- API-level errors aren't surfaced and the callback wait will never be set when VixCOM is not installed.
- First release off CodePlex.
- Improved timeout model from busy to blocking job-based wait.
- Added support for snapshots with duplicate names.
- New Sandcastle-generated CHM documentation.
- Built with Visual Studio 2008, targeting .NET 2.0.