Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
v0.11.5 is a feature release that adds support for the Kafka Admin API (KIP-4).
This release adds support for the Admin API, enabling applications and users to perform administrative Kafka tasks programmatically:
- Create topics - specifying partition count, replication factor and topic configuration.
- Delete topics - delete topics in cluster.
- Create partitions - extend a topic with additional partitions.
- Alter configuration - set, modify or delete configuration for any Kafka resource (topic, broker, ..).
- Describe configuration - view configuration for any Kafka resource.
The API closely follows the Java Admin API:
New and updated configuration
compresion.levelconfiguration option, which allows fine-tuning of gzip and LZ4 comression level (@erkoln)
ssl.sigalgs.listconfiguration settings (@jvgutierrez)
- Callback based event notifications (@fede1024)
- Event callbacks may now optionally be triggered from a dedicated librdkafka background thread, see
- Log the value that couldn't be found for flag configuration options (@ankon)
- Add support for
rd_kafka_conf_set_events(conf, ..EVENT_ERROR)to allow generic errors to be retrieved as events.
- Avoid allocating BIOs and copying for base64 processing (@agl)
- Don't log connection close for idle connections (regardless of
- Improve latency by using high-precision QPC clock on Windows
- Minor documentation updates from replies to #1794 (@briot)
rd_kafka_controllerid()to return the current controller.
- INTRODUCTION.md: add chapter on latency measurement.
- Add relative hyperlinks to table of contents in INTRODUCTION.md (#1791, @stanislavkozlovski)
- Improved statistics:
- Fixed murmur2 partitioner to make it compatible with java version (#1816, @lins05)
- Fix pause/resume: next_offset was not properly initialized
- Fix a segment fault error in rdkafka_buf with zero-length string (@sunny1988)
- Set error string length in rkmessage.len on error (#1851)
- Don't let metadata ERR_UNKNOWN set topic state to non-existent.
app_offsetmetric is now reset to INVALID when the fetcher is stopped.
consumer_lagis now calculated as
consumer_lag = hi_wmark_offset - MAX(app_offset, committed_offset), which makes it correct after a reassignment but before new messages have been consumed (#1878)
socket.nagle.disable=truewas never applied on non-Windows platforms (#1838)
- Update interface compile definitions for Windows using CMake (#1800, @raulbocanegra)
- Fix queue hang when queue_destroy() is called on rdkafka-owned queue (#1792)
- Fix hang on unclean termination when there are outstanding requests.
- Metadata: fix crash when topic is in transitionary state
- Metadata: sort topic partition list
- rdkafka_example emitted bogus produce errors
- Increase BROKERS_MAX to 10K and PARTITIONS_MAX to 100K
- Proper log message on SSL connection close
- Missing return on error causes use-after-free in SASL code (@sidhpurwala-huzaifa)
- Fix configure --pkg-config-path=... (#1797, @xbolshe)
- Fix -fsanitize=undefined warning for overflowed OP switches (#1789)