Contributing to Electron
The following is a set of guidelines for contributing to Electron. These are just guidelines, not rules, use your best judgment and feel free to propose changes to this document in a pull request.
Issues are created here.
- How to Contribute in Issues
- Asking for General Help
- Submitting a Bug Report
- Triaging a Bug Report
- Resolving a Bug Report
Issue Maintenance and Closure
- If an issue is inactive for 45 days (no activity of any kind), it will be
marked for closure with
- If after this label is applied, no further activity occurs in the next 7 days,
the issue will be closed.
- If an issue has been closed and you still feel it's relevant, feel free to ping a maintainer or add a comment!
Pull Requests are the way concrete changes are made to the code, documentation,
dependencies, and tools contained in the
- Setting up your local environment
- The Process of Making Changes
See Coding Style for information about which standards Electron adheres to in different parts of its codebase.
For more in-depth guides on developing Electron, see /docs/development