This project provides a Font-Awesome build split to individual SVG and PNG files of different sizes along with Node.JS based generator to generate any other colors and sizes combinations.
What is Font-Awesome?
Get started at http://fontawesome.io!
- The Font Awesome font is licensed under the SIL OFL 1.1:
- Font-Awesome-SVG-PNG is licensed under the MIT license
How to use?
You may use already generated icons in
black directories. You can also generate your own set:
Note: you need to have a command
Install via npm:
npm install -g font-awesome-svg-png.
Install via Bower:
bower install font-awesome-svg-png.
The following command will generate a red set of icons at sizes of 128 and 256 pixels in directory
font-awesome-svg-png --color red --sizes 128,256
PNG creation depends on
rsvg-convert command being in the path.
You can skip PNG creation with
- Install node.js: https://nodejs.org/en/#download
- Open cmd.exe in the Font-Awesome-SVG-PNG directory
npm install .
- Download https://osspack32.googlecode.com/files/rsvg-convert.exe
- Add the directory of rsvg-convert.exe to your PATH
- Try it by executing
node font-awesome-svg-png --color gray --sizes 16
Mac OS X support
sudo port install librsvg ... or ... brew install librsvg
That should give the necessary
WARNING: Starting from librsvg 2.40.11 and onwards
rsvg-convert produces empty images due to a breaking change that was introduced. At moment there's no workaround but to revert to librsvg 2.40.10 and below.
rsvg-convert in located in the
sudo apt-get install librsvg2-bin
You may also be interested in the following projects:
- Dellos7/local-icons. List of CSS classes that allow you to use the Font-Awesome-SVG-PNG icons in your HTML & CSS in a very easy way. Just copy/paste - no need to import external CSS stylesheets.