Arduino ESP8266 filesystem uploader
Arduino plugin which packs sketch data folder into SPIFFS filesystem image,
and uploads the image to ESP8266 flash memory.
Tested with the following Arduino IDE versions: 1.6.5-r2, 1.6.6
- Make sure you use one of the supported versions of Arduino IDE and have ESP8266 core installed.
- Download the tool archive from releases page.
- In your Arduino sketchbook directory, create
toolsdirectory if it doesn't exist yet. You can find the location of your sketchbook directory in the Arduino IDE at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location.
- Unpack the tool into
toolsdirectory (the path will look like
- Restart Arduino IDE.
On OS X and Linux based OSs create the tools directory in ~/Documents/Arduino/ and unpack the files there
- Open a sketch (or create a new one and save it).
- Go to sketch directory (choose Sketch > Show Sketch Folder).
- Create a directory named
dataand any files you want in the file system there.
- Make sure you have selected a board, port, and closed Serial Monitor.
- Select Tools > ESP8266 Sketch Data Upload menu item. This should start uploading the files into ESP8266 flash file system. When done, IDE status bar will display SPIFFS Image Uploaded message. Might take a few minutes for large file system sizes.
Credits and license
- Copyright (c) 2015 Hristo Gochkov (ficeto at ficeto dot com)
- Licensed under GPL v2 (text)
- Maintained by Ivan Grokhotkov (ivan at esp8266 dot com)
Issues and suggestions
File issues here on github, or ask your questions on the esp8266.com forum.