F# RFC FS-NNNN - (Fill me in with a feature name)
The design suggestion FILL ME IN has been marked "approved in principle".
This RFC covers the detailed proposal for this suggestion.
- Approved in principle
- Design Review Meeting(s) with @dsyme and others invitees
One paragraph explanation of the feature.
Why are we doing this? What use cases does it support? What is the expected outcome?
This is the bulk of the RFC. Explain the design in enough detail for somebody familiar with the language to understand, and for somebody familiar with the compiler to implement. This should get into specifics and corner-cases, and include examples of how the feature is used.
let add x y = x + y
Why should we not do this?
What other designs have been considered? What is the impact of not doing this?
Please address all necessary compatibility questions:
- Is this a breaking change?
- What happens when previous versions of the F# compiler encounter this design addition as source code?
- What happens when previous versions of the F# compiler encounter this design addition in compiled binaries?
- If this is a change or extension to FSharp.Core, what happens when previous versions of the F# compiler encounter this construct?
What parts of the design are still TBD?