GA4GH Metadata Standards
Welcome to the GA4GH Metadata Standards Repository
The GA4GH-Metadata repository contains definitions for structures, relations and attributes of biological (individuals, biosamples ...) and procedural (experiments, analyses ...) data objects, to facilitate the exchange of data and federation of analyses in the context of the Global Alliance for Genommics and Health (GA4GH).
The metadata specifications presented here were developed by the GA4GH's Metadata Task Team, as part of the (now frozen) general GA4GH data schema.
- Metadata Specifications on Github
- Metadata Wiki
- provides additional documentation, to facilitate understanding how the current schema emerged
- links to archival docs, e.g. GA4GH Metadata Task Team discussions
Goals and Scope
- standardized use of common attributes/values
- a schema of how objects relate to each other
The metadata API provides information on the primary data objects available via the GA4GH API, and facilities to organize primary data objects.