Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
MANDATORY UPGRADE BY JULY 14th
GameCredits 0.15.4 has been released. It is a mandatory upgrade so please prioritize upgrading your GameCredits software to this verison.
Komodo Seasonal Changes
Komodo's notaries are elected once a year and have a period of 1 year to service the network. New notaries were elected that go into effect on July 15th, 2019. This release ensures that GameCredits remains notarized throughout the regime change period and until the next notary elections.
Komodo dPoW Confirmations
We have enabled dPoW confirmations by default. When a transaction is accepted into a block on the network, it will receive 1 confirmation. The GameCredits daemon will continue to return this single confirmation until a notarization takes place. Once a notarization happens, the true confirmations will be returned. This feature allows services to accept GameCredits in a very secure manner - by ensuring that Komodo has notarized a transaction before crediting balances. As we mentioned in a previous release, Komodo's notarization system prevents 51% attacks on GameCredits.
Testnet is fixed and working in this release. We request anyone developing on GameCredits to please run a testnet node and mine against it. You can use Raspberry Pi 3B's or higher to mine and receive testnet coins.
Updated DNS Seeders
We have shifted the DNS seeder into the https://gamecredits.network umbrella of services. Similarly, a testnet seeder has been launched and put under the same domain. Functionality is unaffected by this change.
SHA256SUMs and associated filenames
This is a minor release, therefore no binaries will be created for 0.15.3.1.
The following changes are present in 0.15.3.1:
- OpenSSL 1.1 compatibility
- Replacing of fixed seeds to 0.15.3 peers
- Cleanup of Komodo files to ensure no conflict w/ regtest & testnet, as well as cleaner logic
- Fixing testnet4 to use DGW
If you use testnet, please clean out everything except wallet.dat before installing this update. Please also send your peer's info to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can build a list of testnet peers.
This release patches CVE-2018-17144 and another bug. If you run your node 24/7, it is highly recommended to update your software to this version to mitigate a major DoS vulnerability. Additionally, a patch from the Komodo team has been included and activates at block height 2177400.
Please read the release notes for known issues, changes, and credits.
NOTE: Windows binaries are UNSIGNED. If you run Windows, you will need to whitelist the binaries with your antivirus and/or firewall software. Signed Windows binaries will be released here in the near future - apologies for the delay.
SHA256 hashes for the downloads:
This is a major release introducing additional security features.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at GitHub:
How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over
/Applications/GameCredits-Qt (on Mac)
gamecredits-qt (on Linux).
The first time you run version 0.15.2 or higher, you may be asked to re-index your blockchain. This process will take anywhere from a few minutes to
several hours, depending on the speed of your machine.
There are no upgrades compared to 0.15.1 other than the security updates, which require transaction indexing at this time.
GameCredits Core is extensively tested on multiple operating systems using
the Linux kernel, macOS 10.8+, and Windows Vista and later. Windows XP is not supported.
GameCredits Core should also work on most other Unix-like systems but is not
frequently tested on them.
Utilizing the Extra Security Features from the Komodo Integration
The integration with Komodo adds extra security features into our chain such as some protections against double spend attacks.
To effectively secure your services that utilize GameCredits, please follow the instructions below.
Before accepting a transaction as final:
- Check if the transaction is 24 confirmations or more. Note that when a transaction is deemed to be in a side chain, it will show as having -1 confirmations
- Using standard API's within the client, find the block height of the transaction you wish to consider final
- Verify that the block height obtained in step 2 is less than or equal to the value in the "notarized" field of getinfo
- Optionally, using getinfo, get the value of "notarizedhash" and verify that your client's blockchain height at the block stated in the "notarized" field has the same blockhash
Implementing these steps will allow your service to properly use the security features of this new update.
Komodo Notary Integration
We have integrated our software with Komodo's ecosystem to notarize our blockchain. This allows our blockchain to be "backed up" on the Komodo chain which we can restore from later (as long as we have at least one peer with the correct chain). The integration is expected to stop rollbacks of blocks due to consensus attacks that were observed in early May 2018.
Transaction indexing enabled by default
As part of the security features being introduced with the Komodo notary integration, we have turned transaction indexing on by default. This causes a reindex of the blocks on the user's device in case the user was not already indexing transactions. This process can take several hours to complete depending on the speed of the machine.
Message Signing String Bug fix
In 0.15.1, the message signing string was incorrectly written as "gamecredits Signed Message:". In 0.15.2, the string has been replaced with the correct version "GameCredits Signed Message:". Signed messages generated on 0.15.1 will fail verification on 0.15.2. However, older signed messages (from pre-0.15.1) will continue to work on 0.15.2.
Segwit and CSV Signaling Period Changed
Segwit and CSV signaling has moved from April 2019 to July 2018, lasting 1 year. An overlap period between April 2019 and July 2019 is present to ensure activation.
0.15.2 Change log
- Komodo notary integration
- Transaction indexing is enabled by default
- Message signing string has been updated to the correct one
- Testnet and Regtest have been reintroduced with new genesis blocks
- Transactions are now version 2
- Getinfo now reports notarization status
- Segwit and CSV signaling starts July 15, 2018 and lasts one year
Thanks to everyone who directly contributed to this release:
- Samad Sajanlal
- jl777 of Komodo
- Mihailo Milenkovic of GameCredits, Inc
- Vuksan Simunovic of GameCredits, Inc
- Nikola Divic of GameCredits, Inc
- 318d1093ec46b5a43e5f9bc110b35ce76a2c0557e8c6439cffd5741f1edd1da4 gamecredits-0.15.2.tar.gz
- 14b05a1fd6caeb5bd76bbe2cb1b3f088def849baa98f501fb54cdc54363321e1 gamecredits-0.15.2-aarch64-linux-gnu.tar.gz
- e9bb6f82649bbfc7e410950a74cd8319313bb66e42cec12762fefa2c76d8be88 gamecredits-0.15.2-arm-linux-gnueabihf.tar.gz
- a12ef0d0889d26d53c0684753853c20ea76a27b74a294738408143a4a3ea44ee gamecredits-0.15.2-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
- da0307440602f1ab6a99cf9548cd6ffdde24434d2b4442e2ac9f426567ba482e gamecredits-0.15.2-x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.gz
- 08fb71746bf96b74c22fab343435dad6e0e9938ab55e06389a4254e3ed7c305c gamecredits-0.15.2-osx-unsigned.dmg
- b7d56d062b6f3c50aac27c5452f79022f72db18ebbdaf55c64062828f612d6ff gamecredits-0.15.2-win32-setup.exe
- d53bc72522a801a0d1707e7f456c32fa77d69acdf2f56432907c215ba7cde305 gamecredits-0.15.2-win32.zip
- 4ad23f5090797887e01ccfcb759731f5450df947d77e0f3dab53a544c42fc4a1 gamecredits-0.15.2-win64-setup.exe
- 5714532123f291be63a1d8fefcfc03ce264da5f0c88c2e4ab3c07e4888c7d927 gamecredits-0.15.2-win64.zip
0.15.1.1 is a major update to the GameCredits network. This release sets up the network for future upgrades such as BIP65 (for atomic swaps). Included in this release are features for HD Key generation, faster blockchain syncs, and better peer discovery - making sure that whenever you connect to the GameCredits network, you always have players on your team.
sha256sum = 5173eabc4afba8e2367519314c2e617124851c3bb4220d38fd7d493baf7deeff
sha256sum = c6f97ad66151c548054794b99f7c2ff3980421553d2fba18def21bde68f7032e
sha256sum = 5baf5f0884fd48b1870916b080aa978e81d5c3012af155098e539f84070646cb
sha256sum = ad7dfb83ad5ed0af1d1adaa8cbc754a62e7df4735d6ec85ed6655fdbefbc0712
sha256sum = d266c733fa861a9148c05c00fe15c14c9396b1f59b5078d3bb50d78c8a141cd6
sha256sum = 8352d19c1ba50c9a104dff87b1b04865c6b36dbaec528f4443a05367d3d3ef9e
sha256sum = b1a2e7cde0d1174faa1e6120c807942625b9e54b0c7a82a869ee821a7b140e09
sha256sum = 7033b54868ecb9b7bd64e3cf82a1e75985cd074b581e546ff59e1c5c47c614f9
- gamecredits-0.15.1.tar.gz (source code)
sha256sum = b0a08eb766aa5897709354ce5fdfa3c28138b8a6be0ab835c92897c577f73f47
This is a major release to solve network issues by activating Dark Gravity Wave difficulty adjustment algorithm at block 1981542.
In order to have GUI on linux you should install libqt4-dev:
apt-get install libqt4-dev