Socket IO Client UE4 Example Project
Reference implementation of socket.io chat client in ue4 using blueprints and umg.
UE4 Client Plugin repository: https://github.com/getnamo/socketio-client-ue4
Post questions to the SocketIO Unreal Forum Thread or contribute to or open new issues at https://github.com/getnamo/socketio-client-ue4-example/issues.
Feel free to fork, update, contribute, or add other examples.
Installation and Setup
- Download Latest Release
- Unzip into a folder of your choice
Server and Web Client
- Install node.js
- Navigate to server and open a command window at address (e.g. shift right click folder and open command window here)
npm installto install dependencies
node indexto start the server
- Use the WebClient shortcut in the zip root folder or type
localhost:3000in your browser to test the web client
- Navigate to sioclient folder and Open sioclient.uproject
- Once loaded, hit
Playthe client should auto-connect to your server
- watch messages from your web client stream in or press
mto send a basic message to all clients.
enterto capture keyboard focus
- Ending play in ue4 client will auto-disconnect the client.
- Closing the command window will shutdown your server.
- Closing your web browser will auto-disconnect your web client
- Blueprints used should be fairly documented, explore them to find out how it all works
- See https://github.com/getnamo/socketio-client-ue4 for detailed plugin API