ViSH Editor is an open source e-Learning authoring tool to create web presentations in a simple and friendly way.
A server side implementation has been developed in Ruby on Rails. The source code of this implementation is available in the ViSH repository, and it is also open source.
Features and components
- Creation of interactive web presentations.
- Multi-device support (desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, ...).
- Available resources:
- Audio and Video files (converted automatically to HTML5 formats if necessary)
- Quizzes (multiple choice, multiple response, true/false, sorting, short answer and open answer)
- Flash objects
- External Websites
- Web applications (custom or external)
- SCORM packages (1.2 and 2004)
- PDF files
- Office documents (doc, ppt, odt, odp, etc.)
- Available repositories:
- LRE (Learning Resource Exchange)
- Internacionalization support: English, Spanish, German, Dutch, Hungarian, French.
- Audience Response System to launch the questions of the quizzes and get instant feedback from the audience.
- Conversion of PDF presentations into ViSH Editor web presentations.
- Exportation to SCORM (1.2 and 2004 4th).
- Exportation to files (in JSON format).
- Quizzes exportation and importation (IMS QTI 2.1 and Moodle XML).
- Metadata tagging according to the IEEE LOM (Learning Object Metadata) standard.
- Themes and slide transitions.
- e-Learning standards support:
- SCORM (1.2 and 2004)
- IEEE LOM
- IMS QTI 2.1
- Moodle XML
- Creation of interactive elements:
See ViSH Editor in action at http://vishub.org.
It's free to register and enter in the community.
Discussion and contribution
Follow the ViSH Editor news on our blog.
Installation and documentation
Do you want to install ViSH Editor for development purposes?
Do you want to integrate ViSH Editor in your project?
Are you looking to contribute to this open source project?
Visit our wiki to see all the available ViSH Editor documentation.
Copyright 2015 Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
ViSH Editor is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
ViSH Editor is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with ViSH Editor. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses.