Documenting and explaining all configuration variables turns to be a daunting task, as goes as deep as explain-the-code-in-words. There is an ongoing effort in pruning and simplifying the configuration.
The de-facto configuration list is located in config.go.
You are undoubtedly interested in configuring some basic components: the backend database, hosts discoveries. You may choose to use Pseudo-GTID. You may want
orchestrator to notify upon failure, or you may wish to run full blown automated recovery.
Use the following small steps to configure
- Discovery: basic
- Discovery: resolving names
- Discovery: classifying servers
- Discovery: Pseudo-GTID
- Topology control
- Failure detection
- Raft: configure a orchestrator/raft cluster for high availability
- Security: See security section.
- Key-Value stores: configure and use key-value stores for master discovery.
Configuration sample file
For your convenience, this sample config is a redacted form of production
orchestrator config at GitHub.