- Added ability to use fixed push format when transcoding is required, but not low bandwidth
- Added 720, 1080 and SOURCE (use video source resolution) options to FFMPEGTranscoder for fixed transcoding
- Added SOURCE option to FPS that calculates GOP automatically and uses FPS of source videos
- Added an option for Audio Channels. Does not allow a value greater than source audio
- Fix for conversion to MKV. Removed Format substitution of "MATROSKA" -> "MATROSKA,WEBM"
Version 9.2.2 (2020-05-16)
- Fixed MpegDeMux that crashed some MPEG2 playback (Windows)
- Change service launcher (Windows) to support local JRE
- Change watch ignore times from constants to properties
- Tidy up warnings in VS2015 for data type conversions (Windows)
- Fix for Hauppauge 885 tuners with Alt TS Capture Devices (Windows)
- Change maximum number of BDA tuners from 2 to 4 (HVR-5525 has 3 BDA tuners)
- Fix DirecTVSerialControl
- Fix 64-bit service launcher (Windows)
- Set default 1G heap for 64-bit (Windows)
- Updates for OPTUS D1 transponder changes to DVB-S2
- Fix: Schedules Direct EPG grabber failed to finish updating some satellite-based lineups
- Added Forced as a property to SubpictureFormat
- Added the ability to auto select forced subtitle track based on the default audio language
- Added the ability to use a Plugin for format detection of media files instead of built in ffmpeg.
- Added 2160p as a Pretty resolution to VideoFormat
- Added HEVC as a supported media format
Version 9.2.1 (2019-03-23)
- 64-bit AVI playback and music fixes (Windows)
- Change: Whitelist LAV Audio and Video Decoders (Windows)
- Change: SageTV7 STV system information will indicate 32/64 bit
- Fix: Include Win10 in 'VISTA_OS' detection (Windows)
- Change: New installation properties default video/dvd_video renderer is 'EVR'
- Change: New installation properties default video/audio decoder are auto-detected
- New: Add EXEMultiTunerPlugin, HCWIRBlaster & USB-UUIRT VS projects (Windows)
- 64-bit code and VS project updates (Windows)
- Enabled MSYS2/MinGW compile for FFMPEG-based projects (Windows)
- Fix: IR interface hangs trying to send non-numeric (eg: 42-1-1) command.
- Removed dependency on SDK6.1 (Windows)
- Fix: Sage-x64 hang due to CableCARD tuners (Windows)
- Fix: Add support for HVR-4400 and other 885 variants (Windows)
Version 9.1.10 (2018-10-13)
- removed old bytes properties for episodeName and desc to resolve potential crashes
Version 9.1.9 (2018-05-18)
- Byte based seeking support for MPEG files
- update libhdhomerun to 20170930
- Fixed bug where file modification time can get set incorrectly
Version 9.1.8 (2017-11-13) - windows only
- HD-PVR2 video capture device: add ability to select multiple audio inputs (Windows)
- HD PVR 60 video capture device: new device support (Windows)
Version 9.1.7 (2017-09-24)
- Fix: add support for 2nd tuner of Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD usb tuner stick (Windows).
- Changes in the STV set 2017081201 for the next SageTV release v188.8.131.52:
- malore menus: Removed random misc adjectives after show titles; only display misc textafter the title if it is a star rating.
- Removed Zap2it logo from System Information.
- EPG Lineup configuration: Changed help text above option buttons, put Schedules Direct option at top of list, old built-in EPG option renamed as plugin option and moved down.
- Fixed Music by Artist filtering issue resulting in 0 songs per artist after entering 2nd and subsequent chars.
- Disabled access to YouTube, Google videos, and channels.com.
- Detailed Setup -> General: reworded the Sync System Clock option.
- Detailed Setup -> Advanced: removed Debug Logging enable/disable option because it is always enabled now.
- Configuration Wizard playback testing/configuration menu uses the "Default" decoder settings instead of SageTV MPEG decoders.
- Detailed Setup -> Customize: renamed extra option to mark channels in guide with non-Zap2it channel IDs to refer to non-Tribune IDs.
- Changed Zap2it text to Tribune elsewhere in the STV, since the EPG data fo the old built-in and new SD EPG data both ultimately come from Tribune.
- Fix: resolved 'Grey-scale channel logos are green and half-width' for Windows releases (was fixed for linux in 184.108.40.2063 and newer)
Version 9.1.6 (2017-08-10)
- Fix: Various fixes and cleanup on Linux Firewire and DVB.
- Fix: Added support for all 4 tuners on the Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD tuner in Windows.
- New: Add Schedules Direct lineup by ID.
- Change: Removed ZZZ from Schedules Direct Regions because it doesn't do anything.
- Fix: VOB and MP4 subtitles locking methods were not being called.
- Fix: Fixes to HDHomeRun (and probably others) ATSC Scanning returning blank and garbled channels.
- Fix: Reduced Schedules Direct person image import threads to 4 (including the execution thread) and added logging for when new threads are created for during the process.
- Change: Removed unhelpful alias to original person log entries.
- Fix: Fixed issue with Schedules Direct forcing a full airing re-import on stations that do not have a No Data airing.
- Change: Lowered the priority of the Schedules Direct person image import threads.
- Fix: Removed use of G1GC in Windows due to possible memory leak issues.
Version 9.1.5 (2017-06-19)
- Fix: Carny throws a null pointer exception if a show has a null title.
Version 9.1.4 (2017-06-11)
- Fix: Schedules Direct deleted lineups were not removed from accounts correctly.
- Fix: When checking for existing lineups and a deleted lineup exists, a null pointer exception was thrown.
- Change: The SRT subtitle monitoring thread now uses Pooler.
- Fix: Index out of bounds exception while getting recommendations from Schedules Direct.
Version 9.1.3 (2017-05-30)
- Fix: A missing space in an if test causes the Linux start script to fail.
Version 9.1.2 (2017-05-30)
- Fix: Changed awk parsing to use sed to clean up the Java version check.
- Fix: API methods GetFavoriteAirings() and GetPotentialFavoriteAirings() were returning all airings for keyword favorites.
- New: Increased possible range for scheduling lookahead to 21 days. The default is still 14 days.
- Fix: Removed check in Scheduler that was preventing a future airing beyond lookahead from being considered to resolve a conflict.
- Fix: Fixed Carny not being marked prepped on startup when no agents exist.
Version 9.1.1 (2017-05-22)
- Fix: Fixed a problem with awk parsing in Ubuntu
Version 9.1.0 (2017-05-22)
- Fix: Transcoder crashing on Linux with signal 11.
- New: Added new API method to get enabled and disabled favorites.
- public Airing GetPotentialFavoriteAirings(Favorite Favorite);
- Fix: Aliases without a non-alias would cause an NPE when searching.
- Fix: Schedules Direct aliasing logic was applied backwards.
- New: Carny is now multi-threaded and highly optimized.
- New: Schedules Direct movie length is now imported.
- New: Schedules Direct alternative channel logos can now be used by changing the property sdepg_core/use_alternate_logos=false to true.
- This can also be changed in the UI via Setup > Detailed Setup > Customize > Use Alternative Schedules Direct Channel Logos.
- New: Enabled G1GC String deduplication for Java versions 8 and 9.
Version 9.0.14 (2017-03-18)
- New: Added new API methods for in progress sports tracking using Schedules Direct.
- public boolean IsSDEPGServiceAvailable();
- public boolean IsSDEPGInProgressSport(String ExternalIDs);
- public int GetSDEPGInProgressSportStatus(String ExternalIDs);
- New: Added editorials based on recommendations from Schedules Direct.
- Fix: Radio stations in Schedules Direct guide data now retain their prepended zeros in the guide data.
- Fix: Teams from Schedules Direct were being skipped because they do not have a person ID.
Version 9.0.13 (2017-01-19)
- Fix: Schedules Direct was unable to distinguish between two lineups with the exact same name.
- Fix: Added handling for an unknown regular expression Schedules Direct was providing for the postal code for a few countries. The code also now skips the check if it does not recognize the regex formatting.
- Fix: Added better handling to Seeker when starting a recording and no directories are selectable for the desired encoder.
- Force debug logging to always be on.
- Fix: Watched calculation for movies with commercials is improved
- Fix: Prevent freezing between programs when playing back on Windows (matches V7 behavior, although not ideal, avoids freezing)
- New: Added more roles for Person objects.
- New: Schedules Direct Person images are now imported.
- New: Schedules Direct movie quality ratings are now a part of the bonus data.
- Fix: Schedules Direct movie images are now prioritized to use box art first.
- Fix: Schedules Direct now updates channels with No Data with previously saved hashes that happen to still be valid.
- Fix: Startup now explicitly adds lucene-core-3.6.0.jar before loading the JARs folder to address a common upgrade issue.
Version 9.0.12 (2016-12-22)
- New: Schedules Direct now includes teams as people for favorite scheduling.
- New: SageTV server will no longer allow the server to go to sleep until video conversions are complete.
- New: Updated DVB-S & DVB-T frequencies for New Zealand
- New: Add STV support for enabling and disabling favorites
- Fix: Schedules Direct was not returning the saved country in some cases.
- Fix: Removed asterisks from password field when entering the password for Schedules Direct.
- Fix: Fixed so that Ministry will not allow sleep while converting.
- Fix: Allow mounting DVD iso images as non-root
- Linux Placeshifter: Added AC3 support
Version 9.0.11 (2016-11-20)
- Fix: Enable streams with valid PAT packets and invalid PMT packets to be able to be detected by the built in remuxer.
- Fix: Linux tries a few more adapters when trying to get the primary server IP address.
Version 9.0.9 (2016-10-10)
- Fix: GetSeriesID wasn't always returning a valid series ID
- New: Added logic to Schedules Direct program categories to ensure Movie is the first category for programs that start with MV
- Fix: Cleaned up the logic for determining when images from Schedules Direct should be in a Show or SeriesInfo object
- Fix: Clarified in logging when we can't process anything currently because Schedules Direct is offline
- Fix: Added random timeout when Schedules Direct token expires before getting a new token in case there are multiple SageTV servers using the same account
Version 220.127.116.119 (2016-09-27)
- Fix: Fixed plugin bug that caused some upgraded plugins to be in a corrupted state
- Fix: Fixed bug in the EPG license detection logic
Version 9.0.8 (2016-09-22)
- New: Added Schedules Direct EPG support as a core BETA feature
Version 9.0.7 (2016-08-10)
- New: Added SageTVPluginsDev.d directory support (See SageTVPluginsDev README)
- New: Added direct JAR linking in SageTV Plugin Manifest (ie, no need to repackage library plugins as .zip files)
Notes about incrementing versions for developers:
- If you are the first to commit changes after a release, ensure that the following have been incremented beyond the last release:
- MICRO_VERSION in sage/Version.java
- If you make any changes to stvs/SageTV7/SageTV7.xml, ensure that the following are updated in the STV:
- AddGlobalContext( "STVversionText", "August 12, 2017" )
- This should match the date of the commit.
- AddGlobalContext( "ThisSTVSetVersionNum", "2017081201" )
- This should match the date of the commit and if there was more than one commit the same day, the last two digits should be incremented.
- The format is YYYYMMDDVV.
- YYYY is the year.
- MM if the month number.
- DD is the day of the month.
- VV is the commit version for this date. This resets to 01 if the date changes.
- STVVersion [="18.104.22.168"]
- This should start with MAJOR_VERSION.MINOR_VERSION.MICRO_VERSION in sage/Version.java
- The last number should be incremented for each update of the STV for the MAJOR_VERSION.MINOR_VERSION.MICRO_VERSION SageTV release, starting with 0 for the first STV version of a new release.
- AddGlobalContext( "STVversionText", "August 12, 2017" )