Google Places API for Android Samples
Samples that use the Google Places API for Android.
This repo contains the following samples:
- PlacePicker: Uses the PlacePicker widget and the Geo Data API to select a place and retrieve its details.
- PlaceCompleteActivity: Uses an Intent to open a fullscreen autocomplete widget from the Place Autocomplete API.
- PlaceCompleteFragment: Uses a widget (PlaceAutocompleteFragment) provided by the Place Autocomplete API to display autocomplete suggestions.
- PlaceCompleteAdapter: Implements an Android AutoCompleteTextView backed by the Place Autocomplete API.
Note that each folder contains a distinct sample and must be imported separately.
- Android SDK v23
- Android Build Tools v23.0.2
- Android Support Repository
This sample uses the Gradle build system.
First download the samples by cloning this repository or downloading an archived snapshot. (See the options on the right hand side.)
In Android Studio, use the "Import non-Android Studio project" or "Import Project" option. Next select one of the sample directories ("PlacePicker" or "PlaceComplete"). If prompted for a gradle configuration accept the default settings.
Alternatively use the "gradlew build" command to build the project directly.
Don't forget to add your API key to the AndroidManifest.xml. (See https://developers.google.com/places/android/signup)
- Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/google-play-services
If you've found an error in these samples, please file an issue: https://github.com/googlesamples/android-play-places/issues
Patches are encouraged, and may be submitted according to the instructions in CONTRIBUTING.md.
Copyright 2015 Google, Inc.
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.