Test Device Policy Control (Test DPC) App
Test DPC is an app designed to help EMMs, ISVs, and OEMs to test their applications and platforms in a Android enterprise managed profile (i.e. work profile). It serves as both a sample Device Policy Controller and a testing application to flex the APIs available for Android enterprise. It supports devices running Android 5.0 Lollipop or later.
See the documentation to learn more about Android in the enterprise.
This sample uses the Gradle build system. To build this project, use the "gradlew assemble" command or use "Import Project" in Android Studio.
This app can also be found on the Play store.
You can find various kinds of provisioning methods here. Let's take a few of them as an example.
QR code provisioing (Device Owner N+ only)
- Factory reset your device and tap the welcome screen in setup wizard 6 times.
- The setup wizard prompts the user to connect to the Internet so the setup wizard can download a QR code reader.
- Modify (if needed) and scan [this QR code] (http://down-box.appspot.com/qr/nQB0tw7b).
- Follow onscreen instructions
NFC provisioning (Device Owner)
The NFC Provisioning app is used for device owner provisioning.
- Push the nfcprovisioning.txt file to your device:
adb push nfcprovisioning.txt /sdcard/
- Open the NFC Provisioning app and ensure that com.afwsamples.testdpc is auto-populated.
- Bump the devices and touch to beam.
- Follow onscreen instructions on the target device.
adb command (Device Owner)
adb shell dpm set-device-owner com.afwsamples.testdpc/.DeviceAdminReceiver
The easiest way is to launch the Test DPC app in launcher and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you've found an error in this sample, please file an issue: https://github.com/googlesamples/android-testdpc/issues
Patches are encouraged, and may be submitted by forking this project and submitting a pull request through GitHub.
Licensed under the Apache 2.0 license. See the LICENSE file for details.
How to make contributions?
Please read and follow the steps in the CONTRIB file.