Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
- AllConnect, Successfully streams Youtube, local videos
- AllStream, Streams perfectly, controls the volume.
- iMediaShare, Works great as a controller, successfully streams local videos from the phone
- Streambels, another Android app works fine as a controller
- MediaHouse (free): works fine, also detects uShare on Linux as media server
- BubbleUPnP works well with minidlna as well as BubbleUPnP itself as the server
- BubbleUPnP with Gerbera (MediaTomb fork) works fine.
- I tried all above except the first one, UPnP Monkey is the best one.It supports multiple renders simultaneously https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.bcoder.upnpmonkey&hl=en
- DroidUPnP works fine, it's open source and can be installed from F-Droid. DroidUPnP SourceCode, DroidUPnP PlayStore, DroidUPnP F-Droid
- Neutron Music Player.
- Hi-Fi Cast with MinimServer works well.
- Windows Media 'Play To' feature works fine as well. It allows you to play multiple audio tracks to multiple devices, but not in sync.
- Windows 8/8.1 will show devices and can play both audio and video. Some apps like Xbox Music won't show the device even though it's installed when they play certain DRM protected content.
- Windows 8.1 RT with Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-N Network controller drivers V14.62.17215.91 won't properly receive UDP packets and therefore uPNP packets, so won't find the devices.
- Foobar2000 with UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point component.
- Linn Kinsky - works quite well as DLNA Controller. Browse music provided by a DLNA music server (like minidlna), or your local Files. ITunes plug in didn't work with me. Understands OpenHome.
- Linn Kazoo. Works also pretty fine. But has less functionality than Kinsky.
- Kinsky works very well. Like Kinsky for Mac OSX (See above.)
- MediaController works as DLNA server, renderer and Controller. Serve your local music files via the DLNA protocol, control a renderer or render music on your iPhone. Works good with the gmediarender-resurrect. Does not understand OpenHome.
- Native music player. Playback works; no volume control on the client side.
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.