This tool was originally made to create chess board illustrations for Musketeer Chess (rules, board setup, pieces moves and captures...).
It can make things like that :
You can test it on Musketeer Chess site with many more pieces (this code only includes classic chess pieces icons taken from wikipedia)
Upload the source code on a web server with PHP.
We propose this thread
A lot of settings are available to change the board configuration and items’ colours :
- Zoom : display zoom of the board preview
- Board setup : cols x rows
- Save : choose file name to save current settings on your computer
- Load : load settings from your computer
- Board image : file name of the board image to be saved (PNG file)
- Save : save image
- Clear : you can clear all, or just pieces, moves or arrows
- Current brush : displays the current brush. Change it by clicking on an item (move/piece/arrow). Brushes can be rotated, use the rotation links to turn to different directions : North (default), South, East and West.
- Board colour : choose the 2 colours of the board+ border (background and text)
- Moves : brush patterns for moves layer
- Arrows : brush pattern for arrows + colour options (fill and borders)
- Pieces : brush patterns for pieces. Links “all”, “white” and “blacks” are filters.
- Click on a square to replace pattern, or erase it if same as brush
- Shift+Click : fills a line with current pattern (horizontal, vertical or diagonal)
- Ctrl+Click : paints current pattern + same pattern at symetric position (for instance to place 2 knights at their start position with one single click)
- Use following shortcuts to rotate current brush : n = North, s = South, e = East, w = West
Special thanks to Dr Zied Haddad from Musketeer Chess who allowed me to share this code.