Distribution Point Priority Manager
An app for altering ConfigMgr Distribution Point content distribution priority values by dragging and dropping on a list to reorder the servers.
These priority values are only exposed via WMI on the site server and are not visible or editable in the ConfigMgr admin console. For a full description of how these priorities work, see this article: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Configuration-Manager-Archive/Content-Distribution-Priorities/ba-p/273393
This software is provided "as-is". No claim of suitability, guarantee, or any warranty whatsoever is provided.
- There is no mechanism for entering credentials. You must run the EXE as a user with admin rights on the ConfigMgr site server.
- Enter the FQDN of the site server and the ConfigMgr site code, then click Get Priorities to retrieve the current settings for all distribution points in the specified site.
- Drag'n'drop to reorder servers in the list. New priority values will be calculated automatically.
- The Use Shared Priority checkboxes determine whether the distribution point should share a priority value with adjacent list items.
- The Reset All button will set all distribution points to use shared priority and assign the default priority value of 200.
- When you are satisfied with the new priority values shown in the list, use the Save Changes button to write those values back to WMI on the site server.
The full source code and VS2019 solution is provided. If you only want to download the compiled EXE, it's in the release folder (https://github.com/jholl016/DistributionPointPriority/tree/master/Distribution%20Point%20Priority/bin/Release).
ListViewDragDropManager and associated classes by Josh Smith. Used in accordance with the Code Project Open License. (https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/17266/Drag-and-Drop-Items-in-a-WPF-ListView)