An IoT doorsystem controller for standard electronic door strikes and door opening actuators. Coordinates the physical opener buttons, mode switches, and offers a HTTP/MQTT interface for unlocking using a mobile app. Focus on ease of prototyping and adapting to changes.
One doorsystem is deployed and in use since December 2017.
- HTTP gateway with RESTful API
- Device healthcheck monitoring, accessible as HTTP GET
- Works behind NAT, on office/residential networks and 4G.
- Standard MQTT TLS communication from device to gateway. Tested with Mosquitto
- Firmware runs on standard embedded Linux, using sysfs GPIO. Tested on Raspberry PI3 running Raspbian Jessie
- Remote access to device via reverse-tunneled SSH, for updates or debugging.
- Remote deployments to devices automated using Ansible
- Simple Python 3.5+ code for both gateway and firmware
- Works with standard electronic door hardware. Tested with DORMA
- Raspberry PI shield formfactor. Probably compatible with most RPI clones
- Single power-supply, 9-24V input voltage. Integrated DC/DC stepdown for RPi
- 8 digital inputs. 5-24V.
- 6 outputs. 24V compatible, 2A sinking.
- Designed in KiCAD