jQuery Validation Plugin - Form validation made easy
The jQuery Validation Plugin provides drop-in validation for your existing forms, while making all kinds of customizations to fit your application really easy.
This project is looking for help! You can donate to the ongoing pledgie campaign and help spread the word. If you've used the plugin, or plan to use, consider a donation - any amount will help.
You can find the plan for how to spend the money on the pledgie page.
Prebuilt files can be downloaded from http://jqueryvalidation.org/
The unreleased development files can be obtained by:
- Downloading or Forking this repository
- Setup the build
gruntto create the built files in the "dist" directory
Include jQuery and the plugin on a page. Then select a form to validate and call the
<form> <input required> </form> <script src="jquery.js"></script> <script src="jquery.validation.js"></script> <script> $("form").validate(); </script>
For more information on how to setup a rules and customizations, check the documentation.
- Make sure the problem you're addressing is reproducible.
- Use http://jsbin.com or http://jsfiddle.net to provide a test page.
- Indicate what browsers the issue can be reproduced in. Note: IE Compatibilty modes issues will not be addressed.
- What version of the plug-in is the issue reproducible in. Is it reproducible after updating to the latest version.
See the Contributing Guide
Copyright (c) 2013 Jörn Zaefferer Licensed under the MIT license.