Welcome to the research-resources wiki for Lookit! Below is a collection of links and resources that may be of general use; for more details on particular topics see the sidebar links.
I'm a researcher interested in using Lookit! What should I know / how do I stay in the loop?
- Join the Lookit-research email list for updates & discussion
- Join the Lookit Slack workspace, where we post technical updates (e.g., new features, known issues)
- Feel free to fill out the survey collecting info about what people would do with Lookit
- If you want to get more involved, check out the list of ways to help or get in touch!
Resources about the Lookit platform:
- 3-year plan
- MITili white paper and one-pager
- Thesis defense slides
- Lookit papers (1, 2)
- Lookit overview video
- Video data from test studies (email Kim for access)
- Photos and video that can be used for publicity
- [OLD] Ideas for fun studies
- Chapter 5 of Kim's thesis which lays out functionality as of Fall 2017
- Recruitment materials (flyers, brochures, etc.)
Software development - resources
- http://lookit.readthedocs.io/ - using Lookit, designing studies, local development, etc. Anything technical or that depends on the codebase should be there, info about project status / recruitment / etc. should be here.
- http://lookit.github.io/ember-lookit-frameplayer/ - using specific frames (automatically generated yuidoc docs based on the frame code in ember-lookit-frameplayer)
- Development planning - known issues, planned features, & scheduling: see https://github.com/lookit/ember-lookit-frameplayer/milestones and https://github.com/lookit/lookit-api/milestones.