Asynchronous Http Client for Android
An asynchronous, callback-based Http client for Android built on top of Apache's HttpClient libraries.
See what is new in version 1.4.7 released on 9th May 2015
Latest Javadoc for 1.4.7 release are available here (also included in Maven repository):
- Make asynchronous HTTP requests, handle responses in anonymous callbacks
- HTTP requests happen outside the UI thread
- Requests use a threadpool to cap concurrent resource usage
- GET/POST params builder (RequestParams)
- Multipart file uploads with no additional third party libraries
- Tiny size overhead to your application, only 60kb for everything
- Automatic smart request retries optimized for spotty mobile connections
- Automatic gzip response decoding support for super-fast requests
- Optional built-in response parsing into JSON (JsonHttpResponseHandler)
- Optional persistent cookie store, saves cookies into your app's SharedPreferences
For inspiration and testing on device we've provided Sample Application.
See individual samples here on Github
To run Sample application, simply clone the repository and run this command, to install it on connected device
You can now integrate this library in your project via Maven. There are available two kind of builds.
releases, maven central
Maven URL: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ GroupId: com.loopj.android ArtifactId: android-async-http Version: 1.4.7 Packaging: JAR or AAR
Maven URL: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/ GroupId: com.loopj.android ArtifactId: android-async-http Version: 1.4.8-SNAPSHOT Packaging: JAR or AAR
Documentation, Features and Examples
Full details and documentation can be found on the project page here: