FORM is a tool to create forms for Doctrine 2 models with as little effort as possible. We will use a manager style factory for forms and form elements, similar to Doctrine 2's EntityManager and EntityRepository classes. The form elements will be generated using Doctrine's metadata/annotations along with our own custom annotation parser that allows you to specify form validators, getters, and setters, and form element classes.
Zend_Form will be used for the initial implementation of this library, as it is what I am familiar most with. I will try to abstract any functionality so that it can be converted to use a different form library.
- Retrieve simple form elements simple data types (text, string, integer, boolean, etc.)
- Retrieve form object for model
- Implement mapping from object properties to form elements
- Implement mapping from form elements to object properties
- Implement validators on form elements
- Implement object association fields