Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Vocal's first release for elementary OS Juno!
- Added new in-app volume controls
- Dramatic improvements to the new episode count badges
- Improved the search view to make it clear when Vocal is loading results from iTunes
- Podcasts licensed as Creative Commons now display a Creative Commons logo
- Improved look and feel throughout the app
- New episodes are now sorted by release date rather than just their position in the RSS feed (most users will not notice a difference as this was an edge-case)
- Fixed navigation issues that could cause new users to get stuck during the setup process
- Fixed several issues with the new episodes view button either being visible when it should not be, or not being visible when it should
- Database handling and performance improvements
- General stability improvements
This update features a metric ton of bug fixes and stability improvements, as well as a brand new way to see all your new episodes at a glance.
- Fixed the infamous "freeze on launch" bug which prevented some users from accessing their library.
- Added a New Episode view to see all the unplayed episodes in your library at once.
- Fixed an annoyance where Vocal would sometimes re-download an episode that had already been downloaded.
- Performance and stability improvements with checking for new episodes.
- Improved performance of the iTunes podcast directory (specifically related to the loading of hi res images).
- Improved logging and debugging support.
- Many other small performance and stability enhancements.
Grab some hot chocolate and curl up with a nice podcast this winter season, it's time for a new Vocal release! This time around, enjoy a ton of stability and performance enhancements, full HiDPI support, and other bug fixes to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
- Added HiDPI support for all images so everything looks nice and sharp no matter how fancy your display is.
- Fixed an issue where Vocal would not show you the time elapsed or remaining in an episode immediately after relaunching the app.
- Reduced the animation time for switching between different views so that it feels extra snappy.
- Gave the search results view a shave and a haircut. Two bits.
- Fixed a few issues where Vocal would be grouchy about showing certain episode descriptions.
- When importing several podcasts the progress bar now stays one size so you can actually judge the progress correctly.
- You can now drag and drop items in the play queue to rearrange their order.
- Lots more checking to make sure that things exist so it won't crash nearly as much (hopefully never).
This release features some important bug fixes and improvements:
- Fixed a major bug that was leading to crashing when clicking on certain podcasts in the library view
- Use the built-in card CSS class for items in the podcast directory when running on elementary OS to make things look even sexier
- Added drag-and-drop support to the queue and prevent adding duplicate episodes
Many of the fixes for this release were submitted by community members. Big thanks to everyone who contributed!