Nextcloud VM Appliance
Server installation. Simplified.
The Nextcloud VM — (aka Nextcloud Virtual Machine or NcVM) — helps you create a personal or corporate Nextcloud Server faster and easier. Fundamentally, NcVM is a carefully crafted family of *nix scripts which interactively guide you through a quality-controlled installation to obtain an A+ security-rated Nextcloud instance.
The Nextcloud app store extends core features by allowing you to enable a multitude of free one-click apps. However, integration apps there like Collabora Online and ONLYOFFICE are solely bridges to Nextcloud. You’re still required to install those services separately, which can be complex. NcVM provides optional full installation of select curated apps, including those and others. Monitor and manage your cloud using any web browser with NcVM’s hand-picked collection of power utilities featuring stunning, modern UIs.
All Systems Go
NcVM can check for and install stable updates to keep things current, smooth, and secure.
(Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS 64-bit)
(Linux Kernel: 5.14)
- Apache 2.4
- PostgreSQL 12
- PHP-FPM 7.4
- Redis Memcache (latest stable version from PECL)
- APCu local cache (latest stable version from PECL)
- PHP-igbinary (latest stable version from PECL
- PHP-smbclient (latest stable version from PECL)
- Nextcloud Server Latest
Support the development
- Create a PR and improve the code
- Report your issue
- Help us with existing issues
- Test what's not yet released into the stable VM. Please have a look at this subfolder for further information.
- Write scripts so that the release process becomes automated with Vagrant, Terraform or similar
- Donate or buy our pre-configured VMs: 500 GB, 1 TB, 2TB for both VMware, Hyper-V and more
- VM (the easiest option)
- Install with scripts (if you feel brave)
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Machine configuration (of the released version)
I want to test a Release Candidate (RC), or Beta!
No problem, brave explorer! We made it simple.
In some cases we do pre-releases of the VM as well. Those can be found in the TESTING folder on the download server.
If you want to try the latest version yourself, there are two variables that you could use:
For latest beta or RC version:
sudo bash /var/scripts/update.sh beta
For specific RC version:
sudo bash /var/scripts/update.sh 19.0.0RC1
Please keep in mind that this is only intended for testing and might crash your Nextcloud. Please keep backups!
Vagrant example (Beta)
nextcloud_install_production.sh script can be run as part of Vagrant provisioning.
See this subrepo for more information.
Please report any issues you can find. Improvments are welcome!
Adminer (Database Administration) not default
Webmin (Server Administration GUI) not default
The usual tags
(Most of the commit history is gone, since Github decided to remove it when an account email address is removed.)